- Back to Home »
- Texas Chainsaw 3D
Texas Chainsaw 3D is a 2013 American slasher film directed by John Luessenhop and written by Debra Sullivan and Adam Marcus. It is the seventh film in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise, and was presented in 3-D. The film stars Alexandra Daddario, Dan Yeager, Tremaine Neverson, Tania Raymonde, Thom Barry, Paul Rae, and Bill Moseley. The story centers on Heather, who discovers that she was adopted after learning of an inheritance from a long-lost grandmother. She subsequently takes a road trip with her friends to collect the inheritance, unaware that it includes her cousin, Leatherface, as well. Filming began in the summer of July 2011, with Kirsten Elms and Luessenhop providing rewrites to the script. Texas Chainsaw 3D was released on January 4, 2013.
- Alexandra Daddario as Heather Miller: The film follows Heather, who is travelling through Texas with her boyfriend Ryan to collect an inheritance which, unknown to her, includes her cousin Leatherface.
- Dan Yeager as Leatherface: Luessenhop stated that he picked Yeager because he felt a sense of "menace" after witnessing Yeager's 6'6" frame, "farm boy arms", and "brooding brow" stand "quiet and circumspect". He claimed he could no longer think of another actor afterward. Sam McKinzie portrays a young Leatherface.
- Tremaine Neverson as Ryan: Heather's boyfriend, who accompanies her on the trip through Texas. This is Tremaine's first film role.
- Scott Eastwood as Deputy Carl Hartman: Town deputy and Burt's son.
- Tania Raymonde as Nikki: She is described as a "small town girl with an attitude", and the best friend of Heather.
- Shaun Sipos as Darryl: A hitchhiker who catches a lift with Heather and her friends; Darryl "knows more than he lets on".
- Keram Malicki-Sánchez as Kenny: Ryan's friend
- Thom Barry as Sheriff Hooper: Town sheriff
- Paul Rae as Mayor Burt Hartman: Town mayor and Carl's father.
- Richard Riehle as Farnsworth: The Sawyer family lawyer.
- Bill Moseley as Drayton Sawyer: Moseley is acting in place of Jim Siedow, who portrayed Drayton in the 1974 film and its sequel, who died in 2003. Director Luessenhop chose Moseley because he felt that he could portray the same "essence" that Siedow brought to the character. Moseley previously portrayed Chop Top in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.
- Marilyn Burns as Verna Carson: Burns portrayed Sally Hardesty in the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
- John Dugan as Grandpa Sawyer: Dugan is reprising his role as "Grandpa" from the 1974 film.
- Gunnar Hansen as Boss Sawyer: Hansen last portrayed Leatherface in the 1974 original film.